Here you can find the most important stations of my CV.
Valeo Schalter und Sensoren GmbH
In November 2016 I joined Valeo as a system engineer setting up test equipment for the physical validation of an automotive lidar. Since February 2018 I have been the team leader of the optics group in the laserscanner department which I built up from scratch. Valeo asigned me as a Valeo Expert for lidar optics in Janurary 2019. Since July 2019 I work as an engineer for optomechanics in the advanced development, keeping my expert status.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
From November 2011 until August 2016 I worked as a scholar and member of the scientific staff at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in the Institute for Technologies of Information Processing. My main tasks involved optical sensors and university teaching. On the first topic, I dealt with Lidar Technology, laser safety and optical coherence tomography, on the second one, I helped out Prof. Stork with lectures, excercises and examinations. In December 2016 I finished my PhD.
- PhD in Engineering at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (2016)
- Diplom-Physiker at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (2011)
- Master of Physics with Honours at Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh (2009)
- A-Levels at Gymnasium im Loekamp, Marl (2005)
- German Laser Safety Officer by FH Jena (2018)
- “Advanced Lens Design” by Optonet e.V. (2018)
- “Optical Systems: Design and Simulation” by Photonic BW (2017)
- Certificate of university teaching by Ministry of BaWü (2013)
- Patent engineer by FernUniversität Hagen (2011)
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (2010)
Valeo Expert (2019)
A Valeo Expert is a position within the technical specialist career ladder at Valeo. Its equivalent is the technical department leader, however experts support worldwide activities. They have a far over-average skillset and knowledge in their topic and are called whenever companies interests meet technical opportunities.
Silver sport medal of the town Karlsruhe (2015)
I got awarded this honour for the second place at the federal German university tournament in Karate fighting.
Teaching award of the elektrotechnical department at KIT (2014)
The department teaching award has been granted to me as part of the staff with Prof. Zwick that built up a microcontroller excercise for second semester students from scratch.